Experiencing issues with your Skullcandy one earbud not working? Learn effective solutions to resolve the problem and enjoy your audio experience again.
Skullcandy earbuds are great, but sometimes one of them stops working. It can be the left or right earbud. The good news is that this is usually just a software glitch, not a permanent problem. I love Skullcandy earbuds and prefer them to AirPods because of their better bass. But I’ve had the right/left earbud not working problem a few times. The fix is easy. If one of your Skullcandy earbuds stops working, just turn them off and on again and then pair them to your phone again. This usually works.
In this article, I’ll show you how to fix the right/left earbud not working problem on all Skullcandy earbuds models, including Indy, Dime, Grind, Push, Sesh, Sesh Evo, Mod, Jib True 2, and Inke’d.
Skullcandy One Earbud Not Working? Here’s How to Fix It
Skullcandy earbuds are a popular choice for many people, but they can sometimes malfunction. One common problem is that one of the earbuds may not work. There are a few things you can do to try to fix this problem.
Reasons why Skullcandy One Earbud Not Working
- Battery issue: One of the most common reasons why one earbud may not work is because it is not fully charged. Make sure that both earbuds are fully charged before using them.
Software glitch: Sometimes, a software glitch can cause one earbud to not work. To fix this, you can try resetting the earbuds.
- Hardware damage: If the earbud has been dropped or damaged, it is possible that it has sustained hardware damage. In this case, you may need to replace the earbud.
Skullcandy one side is not charging
- Clean the charging base. If the charging base is dirty, it may not be able to properly charge the earbuds. To clean the charging base, use a soft, dry cloth to wipe it down.
- Reset the earbuds. Resetting the earbuds can sometimes fix software glitches that may be preventing them from charging properly. To reset the earbuds, follow these steps:
- Place both earbuds in the charging case.
- Press and hold the button on each earbud for 10 seconds.
- The earbuds will turn off and then back on.
- Balance the charge. If one earbud is charging faster than the other, you can try balancing the charge. To do this, follow these steps:
- Remove both earbuds from the charging case.
- Let one earbud sit for a few minutes.
- Put the earbud back in the charging case.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the other earbud.
Skullcandy one side is not turning on
- Check the charge. Make sure that the earbud is fully charged before trying to turn it on.
- Check for water damage. If the earbud has been exposed to water, it may not turn on. To check for water damage, look for any signs of corrosion or damage to the earbud.
- Check for physical damage. If the earbud has been dropped or damaged, it may not turn on. To check for physical damage, look for any cracks, dents, or missing parts on the earbud.
If you have tried all of the above solutions and the Skullcandy One Earbud Not Working, then it may need to be replaced. You can contact Skullcandy customer support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips to help prevent your Skullcandy One Earbud Not Working:
- Avoid getting the earbuds wet. Water can damage the earbuds’ electronics.
- Don’t drop the earbuds. Dropping the earbuds can damage the internal components.
- Keep the earbuds clean. Dirt and debris can build up in the earbuds and prevent them from working properly.
- Update the earbuds’ firmware regularly. Firmware updates can fix bugs and improve the performance of the earbuds.
Pairing Issues with Skullcandy Earbuds
- Wireless earbuds can sometimes have trouble staying paired to a device.
- If the earbuds have been paired to the device before, simply turn them on and they will automatically connect to the last known device.
- If the earbuds do not pair automatically, turn them off. Then, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds until you see a blue LED light and hear “pairing.”
- On your device, open the Bluetooth settings and select “Skullcandy Earbuds.” The earbuds should connect to the device.
- If the earbuds still do not pair, you may need to reset them. To do this, hold down the power button and turn the dial clockwise at the same time for 3 seconds until you hear two beeps.
- Turn the earbuds off and then back on. They will enter pairing mode. In your device’s Bluetooth settings, select “Vert Wireless.”
- If the earbuds do not pair after this, you may need to forget them from your device’s Bluetooth settings. To do this, select “Skullcandy Earbuds” and then tap “Forget Device.”
- Turn the earbuds off and then back on. They will enter pairing mode. In your device’s Bluetooth settings, select “Skullcandy Earbuds.”
Here are some tips to help prevent pairing issues:
- Make sure that the earbuds are fully charged before pairing them.
- Keep the earbuds close to the device when you are pairing them.
- Avoid pairing the earbuds in areas with a lot of interference, such as near microwaves or other electronic devices.
- If you are still having trouble pairing the earbuds, contact Skullcandy customer support for assistance.
If you have tried all of these steps and the earbuds are still not turning on, then there may be a problem with the earbuds themselves. You can contact Skullcandy customer support for assistance.
Skullcandy earbuds are designed to provide an exceptional audio experience, but technical hiccups can occasionally occur. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide, you can often resolve the “Skullcandy One Earbud Not Working” issue without much hassle. Remember to check for physical damage, clean your earbuds, and ensure proper connectivity. If all else fails, don’t hesitate to reach out to Skullcandy’s customer support for expert assistance. Your music deserves to be heard in all its glory, and with a bit of troubleshooting, you’ll be back to enjoying your favorite tunes with both earbuds delivering crisp and clear sound.
I hope this helps!